Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Psych!




Yesterday was average. I was the only manager in the building until almost 2 o'clock. This means lots of running around; stockroom, phone calls, office, change, customers, employees, listening to whining and complaining, moving product, etc. We got a little busy, so I put on one of my many, many hats; backup cashier.






So this lovely Irish couple with charming accents bring their selections to me and place them on the counter. They had quite the haul, so I scanned, de-sensored and bagged as quickly as I could.


When I had finished, the gentleman handed me his credit card. As is policy, I looked at the name and asked to see a photo ID. Imagine my amazement and confusion when the name on both documents read...


wait for it...


PATRICK DEMPSEY!!!!

Okay, okay...so it wasn't THE Patrick Dempsey, but it was A Patrick Dempsey. It made for great reactions all day long, getting to say, "Patrick Dempsey was in my store today!"
I did ask the gentleman if he got lots of comments about his name, especially while on vacation here in the States. He rolled his eyes and replied that he does, so I promised not to comment further...to his face, anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment