Sunday, April 12, 2009

READ THE SIGN!!!!

In retail we have many instances where we wish people would just read the signs we post, but this one takes the cake.


A woman comes in tonight about 15 minutes before we close. I was counting down registers and she approaches the cashwrap and says, "Excuse me, I have a question..." I look up and ask, "What can I do to help?" She says, "You have some Levi's jackets that are $49 something..." I reply, "Yes, I know which ones you mean...what's your question?" adding silently to myself, of course we have Levi's jackets, this is a Levi's store... She then asks me, "Is that the set price for those jackets?"


In my head I reply, OF COURSE IT'S THE SET PRICE!!! DID YOU THINK YOU WERE AT THE SWAP MEET???? I'M NOT GONNA HAGGLE OR ANYTHING, LADY!!!! Out loud I just say, "Yes."


Here comes the kicker; she then proceeds to approach my associate who is working in the men's department, pointing out the very jackets she just asked me about. She asks him, and I quote, "Do you have any jackets just like these, but in another brand?"




REALLY?! REALLY!? THIS IS A LEVI'S STORE!!! DO YOU REALLY THINK WE'RE GOING TO CARRY ANOTHER BRAND OF DENIM JACKET??


You'll find that other brand of denim jacket in a very special section...it's called THE LAND OF YOUR IMAGINATION!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment